HISTORY OF THE BUILDING
The Kellermann Center is the first part of the renovated factory facilities of Pervomayskaya Zarya.
The main building was erected in 1881–1883 after a project of architect Alexey Malov.
Initially it hosted a girl’s workshop under the protection of Empress Maria
The sewing factory of women clothing Pervomayskaya Zarya was located in the building from 1926.
In 2004 production facilities and warehouses of Pervomaiskaya Zarya were transferred to other areas, and reconstruction of the main building
When reconstructing there were added the 5th and 6th floors of
the main building (mansard), premises were redesigned to be
used as offices. There were saved historic facades and
interior of the first floor and corridors, all new elements
of setting were chosen in accordance with the common concept
of the complex.
The reconstruction was finished in 2006 and business center
opened its doors to the first tenants.
In 2009 the second reconstruction of the buildings took
place, as a result there appeared a new modern building.
Even though looking modern with facade glazing and concrete
structures, it fits organically into the general picture of
During the next years estate maintenance was carried out at
the territory of the business center: several constructions
of no historical, cultural or practical value were
demolished (storage buildings constructed during soviet
period, bomb-shelter), grassplots and flowerbeds in front of
the main building of the complex were put in order.
In 2014 a fountain at the main building was restored and
started working again. When restored the fountain was
renewed in the form most closely resembling its historic
view and now it is one of the oldest small-scale sculptures
in the Admiralteyskiy District of Saint-Petersburg.